Saturday, September 27, 2008

Vanity and Information Blogs!

The two blogs that I research were TrojanWire and Gilbert Arenas' blog. The respective links are: http://trojanwire.com/ and http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html I used Gilbert Arenas' blog in a earlier post, but it served that purpose as well as this one. The vanity blog consists of a person's opinions on life in general and all the things they need to say about everything instead of just one topic. In essence, Arenas has received so much attention from his blog, that it has become a business factor for him and more fans know him through his blog solely. The information blog is TrojanWire, which follows USC football specifically. Tough loss against Oregon State this past week though. :(

The main differences that the two blogs have are that they both don't talk about one subject only. But there are many similiarities, in the sense that real people with real thoughts post their ideas. They don't only report the facts but also their sometimes biased thoughts. They both post on a regular basis.

I think blogging supports this type of journalism as compared to print media because it brings a different aspect more than the facts into the mix. It has more of a loose feeling reading someone's thoughts; that person being someone that is not necessarily an "expert". Print media is most often times more believeable though. I think something that makes a good information blog is a great balance between the truth and the news. Something more along the lines of the true print medium. But a great vanity blog consists of completely unique ideology and ways of thinking to bring you into the author's mind.

I think this blog supports my thesis with a 5. It strongly supports my thesis because it supports my idea that Blogging has had a significant impact on media today. I do not wish to change my thesis still.

1 comment:

Kevin Gaede said...

Interesting that we both used Gilbert Arenas' blog. I think he's an interesting character among the NBA.

P.S. Yes, I did go to La Mesa. I don't seem to recognize you though.